BrewDog is a multinational brewery and pub chain based in Ellon, Scotland. Launched in 2007, BrewDog’s biggest mission has always been to make other people as passionate about great craft beer as they are. Today they sell a vast portfolio of craft beers across the globe and are hailed as providing the blueprint of how business can be a force for good.
The big challenge for BrewDog: how to expand their ecommerce sales beyond their own website and grow the BrewDog Brand on Amazon’s marketplace
BrewDog has the brand awareness and a website that is hugely popular with their ‘equity punks’, but we were keen to show them the value and opportunity of developing a marketplace strategy to complement their own retail strategy.
Furthermore, we were able to show them how consumers are increasingly using Amazon as a starting point on their product searches, and how Amazon’s share of the Beers, Wines and Spirits category has been growing at 30%+ in the last 12 months.
Maze-One are helping BrewDog to build a successful Seller Account and DTC strategy on Amazon
When starting out on the Amazon journey it was important to identify the key needs and objectives of the business. It was important to understand how BrewDog was being purchased and discovered on the Amazon platform by consumers; there are a number of resellers in the drinks market, some of whom do a good job but often the content does not necessarily match a brand’s own ambitions or aspirations. Then it becomes an exercise in developing the right operational setup to ensure BrewDog were able to meet the demands of Amazon’s FBA logistics, selling direct to the consumer. Finally, we developed advertising strategies to start to drive sales.
Local approach first
- Maze-One established the Seller account and advised the best approach to launching a few hero SKUs on Amazon UK
- Maze-one provided the blueprint for BrewDog’s content and helped build the product detail pages, A+ content, and Brand store
- Maze-one carried out the keyword analysis and helped build out the backend SEO optimisation to help win the buy box
- Maze-One developed the advertising campaign structure and manage Sponsored Products, Display and - Brand campaigns
- Maze-One uses tools like Sellics to combine manual optimization with machine learning
- Maze-One are also integrating BrewDog into the CARPIO platform to drive greater data insights and performance outcomes
Results: Sales growth in the first month of launch has far exceeded client expectations
Through the creation of BrewDog’s content, presence and availability of products via Amazon in the UK, the sales data in month one has been impressive.
BrewDog now have Amazon in their sights as they look to extend their geographic footprint across Europe and expand the product portfolio. The BrewDog store on Amazon UK launched in January and we have seen BrewDog take an estimated 2% of the Beer market on Amazon in month 1.
Looking forward, the objectives are clear: further expansion across European markets and an extension of the BrewDog portfolio SKUs to drive continued growth of both existing and new customers to the brand.
If you would like to hear what we can do for your brand and increase sales, please contact us.